This tutorial covers how to incorporate a picture into a banner. The picture was chosen because while it may be the desired photo to be used, it was less than ideal. Two different methods are reviewed. One that could incorporate elements of the picture into a header. The second modifies the picture so that it works better as a whole picture in the header.
Elements covered are magic wand use, mask operations, color fills, inverse selections, air brushing and more.
We hope you like it.
You can click in the lower right corner of the video to expand it to full screen.
Lately, we’ve been teaching you with a bunch of super easy Adobe Photoshop effects in our photoshop tutorials so to reinforce your knowledge of the software, were gonna do a review or teach for those who are currently newbies in Adobe Photoshop, how to install or use the photoshop brush that you bought on our online photoshop resource store or somewhere on the web.
Installing brushes is extremely easy to do, but keeping them all organized is another thing. In short were just gonna show you how to load up or install the brush you have. We’ll talk about organizing your stuff later. So on to installing our Photoshop Brushes.
Note: We’re gonna start, assuming we have downloaded or bought our desired photoshop brushes on our favorite photoshop online store where you can download your mix of professional and artistic photoshop brushes.
Now that we have our brushes, we need to move the .ABR files into the Presets>Brushes folder of
the directory where you installed your Adobe Photoshop in but it’s usually in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Presets\Brushes.
Note: Just in case you have downloaded a huge mix of photoshop brushes on a zip file, you must first extract them with your preferred zip software. If you don’t have one you can download the Free Trial – WinZip 12 Standard
or get theFREE 7ZIP utility.
Now you have installed your photoshop brushes succesfully! You can now run your Adobe Photoshop and it will automatically load up your brushes. Pretty easy.
But what if you were in the middle of working on the project, and you always find it troublesome to move the brush files on the brushes folder and restarting your Adobe Photoshop just to load a silly brush?
This is a frequent case, where it’s not convenient to close and open again your photoshop application. Don’t know how? We can always use the Load Preset Button to open a specific brush preset anywhere on your hard drive.
So to do this:
First, select the brush tool from the tool bar. And this will activate the various brush tools.
On the Brush options select the drop down menu
From there select the Load Preset button (the arrow and circle) and then select “Load Brushes…”
Then target the location where your brush files .ABR have been downloaded. And then choose whether you append or replace the currently loaded brushes.
Pretty much basic.
So for more tips and advice on photoshop, just please stay tuned on our photoshopbag.com blog cause from time to time we will be giving awesome tips and techniques, even effects to further improve your skills on Adobe Photoshop.
Christmas season is nearly just around the bend. Have you ever thought to make your own christmas greeting card to give as a gift for your family and friends? If you do, your in luck! For we decided to make a christmas greeting card in our photoshop tutorial.
Today were going to make this glowing Christmas Tree Greeting Card
So lets get this thing started..
1. First set your background to whatever color you like.. i choose red on mine..#a72218.
2. Then set the Gradient Tool(G) to White to Transparent and set the Gradient setting to Radial then apply the White Gradient on top of the Red Layer Background.. I did this mine like this to add highlights on later..
and on the White Gradient Layer Blending options, change the settings to Overlay..
3. So now we start on making the Christmas Tree. Make a triangular shape on our canvass by using the Shape Tool(U), choose the Polygon Shape setting… and set the sides to three(3) to make the triangle
Also we wouldn’t want the bright shining star on top of our tree missing; So again using the Shape Tool(U) choose the Custom Shape icon and choose the black star shape.
Note: If by any chance that the star shape is not on the shape selection, you can easily load it up clicking on the load icon on shapes and the select SHAPE.
and place it on top of the triangle shape
4. So now we have a tree shape. Next we will now draw a wave like line using our Pen Tool(P), Just draw the line
just like so.
5. Now the fun and easiest part.. we will now use our Brush(B) to make the star effect on our tree. First we select our star shaped brush tip on the Brush Preset (F5) and then set the these following settings on the brush tip.
Note: If ever you can’t see the star brush tip for this effect, you can easily load it up by clicking on the side icon and choose the Assorted Brush to load up the star brush tip that we will need for our effect.
So we have our brush settings done, but before applying the brush on our canvass; we must hide the triangle shape we made earlier by clicking the hide layer on the Layers Panel and so we have this.
Then we create a new layer File>Layer>New>Layer and name it whatever you like for example brush star, I just named my New Layer Stroke. So choose again our Pen tool(P) to apply our effect, on the new layer, Right Click and choose stroke path.
And so we now have this new brush effect
6. Now that we have our starry Christmas Tree, we will now apply more effects to our tree to make it more stunning. First select your layer in which you have applied the star brush and then apply this Outer Glow Settings.
With the same process, we now select the star on top of the tree and apply this new settings.
After applying those settings, we now have this:
7. Now that we have our tree I just placed a rectangular box using our shape tool (U) to act as a card to hold our grettings. Tilted it a little using the Free Transform command Ctrl+T:
And then apply this setting on the rectangular shape.
note: on this settings, you can play around as much as you want to achive your desired outcome
8. Then give it your message.. using your Text Tool.. (T) and type your most touching message for your love ones..
Here’s our final product..
You can download the PSD File of the Glowing Christmas Tree Greeting Card Photoshop Tutorial here so you can study it further.
To learn more photoshop effects visit our photoshop tutorial page. You can watch our own free photo shop video tutorials that consists the most basic way of using your photoshop. Or avail our special offers of essential tutorial packages and download our mixed bag of photoshop video tutorials.